Subject: [Leica] visoflex help
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Feb 12 17:29:24 2007

Dear LUG folk, I have now received my Visoflex II. Right now I have the Tele
Elmar f4 135 & the Elmar f4 135. The Tele Elmar optical
cell fits directly into the universal focusing tube (OTZFO). The Elmar
optical cell fits with the OTRSO and goes closer with the
OTRPO. This will be fine to have a play although I can see that a 65 or 90
would be great.
I have the Visoflex III 4x Magnifier (OTXBO) which gives good clearance on
my M7.

Now here's the big challenge. I don't have instructions as yet, but I gather
that the movable arm is designed to trip the mirror
return before it releases the shutter. Despite the adjustable thread on the
shutter release stud, I cannot get the arm to rotate
downwards sufficiently to lock into its operating position.
Has anyone else fitted the visoflex II to an M7. I suspect that the body
height is the problem regarding the arm movement. DANG!
There's another moment when I deeply regret selling my M3.

I'd be very happy to be proved wrong here. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Hoppy