Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodak BW400CN film
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Feb 11 14:09:36 2007

Larry,
First, because you are scanning C-41 type films will be much easier to scan
and with ICE dusting becomes a non issue.  Second, standardize on one of the
professional films like Portra 160, 400 or the Fuji equivalents 160S or 160C
or H(400 ISO) or Z(800): the professional films have been designed to scan
with low reflectivity bases for less flare and dye clouds that are more
amenable to scanning. I am somewhat skeptical about the last claim but will
accept that on face value.

On the professional films prices can be reduced by buying the 20 roll pro
packs.  Or, check out the outdated film bins; a local store has five packs
of just out of date Z for $3.39.  No mistake five rolls for three bucks.

As comparable to chromogenic film you gain the benefit of choosing which
contrast filter to use after the fact.

Enjoy!

Don
don.dory@gmail.com