Subject: [Leica] photoshop CS3 stuff
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Thu Feb 1 13:17:08 2007

On 2/1/07 12:17 PM, "Adam Bridge" <abridge@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want an overview of Aperture you can look to the Apple site -
> there are some excellent video introductions to why you'd use
> Aperture. I'll bet Adobe has the same for Lightroom.

Yes. Adam pretty much hits it on the head with his enlightened commentary.

One caveat, if you are working from scans (or really any writable image-
tiff, psd, jpg etc), in LR you don't even have to create a new version to
work on it in PS, just Chose "Edit in Photoshop" with the image selected and
you get the choice of editing the original or a copy.  I do the former for
dusting and heavy PS lifting and LR picks up those changes w/o issues.

LR tutorials/intro videos are here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/designcenter/search.cfm?product=Photoshop+Light
room&go=Go

http://www.photoshopuser.com/lightroom/index.html