Subject: [Leica] quick release plates
From: jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff S. Matsler)
Date: Wed Jan 31 19:53:31 2007

Mark,

You use a PB308 and you're telling me my ballhead isn't a "serious
choice"???

The 488-RC4 is a Manfrotto - "distributed by Bogen"...

So I guess now it meets your standards?   ;-)

BTW - this ain't no little hex quick release and it sure isn't a 308!  It's
the large finger grip release that only a trogdolite of extreme proportions
could screw up...  check it out on the B&H site.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=272780&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

BTW, who cares how big a market share they have among pros?  If it works,
use it.  If it doesn't, get something that does.  How many people actually
own and shoot Leicas?  Does that mean we should all switch to Sony Alphas
and Canon Rebels?  Better yet, let's sell our Leicas and all get medium
format gear  and top-end DSLR's - as that's what most of my friends who
shoot for a living use.  The 488-RC4 works and is more than enough for any
Leica RF, even with the Visoflex and biggest lens attached.  For me, it's
not only a serious choice, it's pretty much the most sensible choice out
there.

Jeff M