Subject: [Leica] going off the deep end, buying another film camera
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Jan 30 02:28:07 2007

So we will be travelling to exotic locales (*) in less than a month. I
struggled with the thought of buying an M8, but a) no $$$, and b)
issues/price ratio just seem a bit high. There is no way I can justify the
added cost over the R-D1, at least for now. A Pent*x K10D looks really
tempting. I can get couple long lens and cover the telephone end...

Then I looked at the XPAN-II / TX-2 again. The camera always looks
interesting to me. Especially with my wanting to play more with the merging
of classical Chinese painting'ish style photography and calligraphy, the
pano aspect ratio is rather appealing. Of course they cost a small arm and
a leg now too. I believe when it was first released, a body with a 45mm
lens is ~$2400. Now they are on the $3000 range, e.g similar price to a
used M7. Rather high really.

Well, I just found one on a used section on a camera site for quite a bit
cheaper. Just placed the order. Hopefully will receive it soon....

(*) If you don't live in the Far East.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] going off the deep end, buying another film camera)