Subject: [Leica] PAW 52 - The end of PAW 2007 Not quite Tuscany
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sun Jan 28 14:34:06 2007

Merci Philippe,

there isn't too much "magic". The film itself gives good blacks anyway.
Anything
that I show here has almost certainly been worked over in PSE2 which I find
gives what I am looking for, except curves - and I am working on that;-) The
first stage is to convert to greyscale, then play with the levels so that
both
end of the spectrum coincide with the ends of the histogram, with a little
bit
of latitude and then moving the central slider until I am broadly
comfortable...after that it's a question of just what I am looking for. But
really nothing I do is an operation that it isn't possible to do in a
darkroom
in its end effect. BTW I don't use layers, which I find complicating, at
all.
All that you see is manipulation of the scanned neg itself.

thanks for looking,

Peter