Subject: [Leica] First M8 experience
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jan 27 19:41:33 2007

On 1/27/07 9:38 PM, "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@spectare.com> typed:

> So here's a dumb test shot, taken this morning right outside my front
> door.
>
> Here's the shot from the Canon EOS1DS.  Natural color, as I have come
> to expect from this camera.  No problems here.
> http://www.twango.com/media/jim.public/jim.12553?sort=5
>
> Here's the shot from the leica.  Wow!  Disneyland!  Notice how many
> of the plants in the foreground have gone magenta.  And if you click
> through to the larger image, notice all the color fringing in the
> high contrast areas:
> http://www.twango.com/media/jim.public/jim.12552?sort=5
>
> Some people are emailing me and saying that they have not had any
> trouble like this in several weeks of using the camera, even with no
> IR filters.  Have I got a bad one?  Because it is completely unusable
> as it is.
>
> --Jim

I  would go into Photoshop and desaturate the magenta a bunch.
Although it looks red not magenta to me.
desaturate the red.
Or the magenta and yellow separately.
I do that with most my pictures anyway and I shoot with a Nikon D200.
Desaturate the gamut of colors individually so they are less gaudy.
What did the tree really look like?

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N