Subject: now: Stealth M8 mode (Re: [Leica] three days with M8)
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Tue Jan 23 15:23:31 2007

On Jan 23, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Henning Wulff wrote:
> The 20D only has full stop increments,

oops - obviously been in the bag to long.

> and the 5D for most of us as well. The intermediate stops on the 5D
> actually produce more noise than the next up full stop, so there is
> rarely any reason to use the intermediate stops.

I haven't noticed this effect. I also haven't tested extensively in
this regard (I certainly will now). My anecdotal experience has been
rather the other - that when I need high speed but not "full" speed -
that the increments have yielded less noise as I move to lower ISO's
- I'll have to do some hard testing on this.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) (now: Stealth M8 mode (Re: [Leica] three days with M8))