Subject: [Leica] M8 Battery Redux
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Mon Jan 22 22:58:40 2007

This reminds me of when the first electronic Rolleis came out. Same
mess. Batteries were dying, drained while the camera was allegedly
off. Circuit boards and lens motors frying unexpectedly. Yep, some
sorry mess.
Rollei never recovered from that, among other reasons. It lasted
through two model generations, the SLX and the 6006. For a while one
could find them being given away in the back pages of Popular
Photography. By then, one could count on one hand how many 'real'
dealers could be found nationwide.

Slobodan Dimitrov
http://www.sdimitrovphoto.com/