Subject: [Leica] Borrowed M8
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Mon Jan 22 09:24:50 2007

A friend lent me his M8 and I've taken some photos with it. I shot in RAW.

I'd like to download the images, but from what he says, there is a limit
(two times) to the number of computers one can load the Leica software into
that came with the camera.

Can this be? Why would I buy a camera that limits where I can download it?
If I'm in Europe, wants to download photos and my computer is in New York
City, am I to wait until I return before I can download my photos.

My friend says I can buy additional download capability. If I've paid $4800
for a camera, why would I want to spend more. I guess if the company is
going broke that makes sense, but I would imagine you would want to make
your camera as user friendly as possible and as widely assissible as
possible. There must be something that hasn't been explained to me. Why
would I want a camera that limits me?

My friend advised I shoot in JPEG. Why would I do that? Why would he do
that? If you buy great equipment, you want your images in the best form all
the time. You have greater use of them, that way.

BTW, can I take the memory chip and have a kiosk print the photos on it?

Thanks for your help.
Doug

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Borrowed M8)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Borrowed M8)