Subject: [Leica] Re: Steve's M8
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon Jan 22 08:26:00 2007

Hi Larry,
my daughter lives in Menai Bridge and we visit often. She went to
Bangor to do her (Marine Biology) PhD, fell in love with the area and
has never left. Anglesea is fantastic with ocean and mountain views.
We were looking for holiday home there but prices have gone berserk.
A (not modernised to my taste) lighthouse keepers cottage at Penmon
(the point overlooking Puffin Island, if you remember) is for sale
for ?800,000 ( over $1,5m) !!!!!!!!! A fantastic location but still!
It was probably not worth 1/4 of that 5 years ago. Maybe with global
warming it will get more pleasant weather than the south of France :-)
I am afraid you are mistaken about Manchester though, it is about 1
1/2 hours away east on the A55 then North on the M6. The M5 is South
from Birmingham.
cheers,
Frank