Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG IMG: M8 now dust
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Jan 21 14:56:15 2007

Sonny:

>The  newbies to
>digital need to know that sensor dirt cleaning is a maintenance
>operation  not a nightmare as someone could think. I do the cleaning
>after 500 shots unless many lenses  changes have been  necessary.
>
>My Pentax K10 D  has a utility that shakes the sensor for dust  removal,
>but
>after a couple months and MANY lens changes inside and out, I've  not seen
>any
>sensor dust, and I haven't had to use it.

Ditto.  I've used my 5D for about a year.  I've yet to clean the sensor.
I'm sure there's dust on there.  If I shoot blank walls or blue sky and stop
down to f16, I can see it.

I rarely stop down past f5.6, though.  Usually shooting close to wide open.
And in that case, it just doesn't show.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/