Subject: [Leica] photographing the homeless "smug Europeans"
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Sat Jan 20 12:58:15 2007

I heard a report recently that claimed there are only around 300 rough
sleepers left in the UK. I don't believe that for a moment, but there
certainly do seem to be a lot less than there used to be, and then centered
really on the big cities. This has to be largely down to the effect of
things like "Big Issue".
Does that mean that homelessness has gone away here? Does it buggery. Just
that it's not as visible - there's probably at least as much misery in the
post-modern version. Hope that doesn't sound too smug...

Nick