Subject: [Leica] LUG 2006 YEARBOOK RECEIVED
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Jan 19 15:45:38 2007

At 11:37 PM +0100 1/19/07, Luis Ripoll wrote:
>Congratulations Jim for your great idea, your work and this excellent book,
>congratulations too all the Luggers, it's very nice to find there all our
>Lugger friends, I'm only two years on the Lug, but it seems to me that I
>know everyone from many years!
>
>Just a question, I find that B&W pictures has a slight magenta tone, why it
>can't be really B&W?
>
>A kiss to all
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/0611-08w.jpg.html
>
>Saludos desde Barcelona
>Luis

This morning Tom Abrahamsson and I were discussing an aspect of this
over coffee.

Both our books were naturally printed at the same facility in
Seattle, WA. We assume that the printing facilities are given a
specification by blurb.com regarding printing type, paper, binding,
inks, tolerances etc.

It would be extremely interesting to see books printed by different
companies, and how much variation there is in the perceived quality.

We're delighted with ours, and I haven't seen any colour cast on the
B&W prints. In fact, the quality of the colour and B&W images are all
pretty much equally good, which is quite an achievement, and is often
not the case.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design