Subject: [Leica] Question for R-D1s / 75 Summilux users
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Jan 19 14:22:59 2007

At 2:24 PM +0100 1/19/07, Didier Ludwig wrote:
>Is there anybody on the list that has a Epson R-D1s (not R-D1) and a
>75mm f1.4 Summilux? Because I received my replacement R-D1s two days
>ago and found one problem with that lens.
>
>The lens does not couple properly on that camera - the coupling tab
>of the camerabody slips inside the coupling tube of the lens, when
>focusing toward infinity. A user from the RFF forum reported the
>same problem, too.
>
>The Summilux worked well on the R-D1. I have the impression that the
>coupling tab of the R-D1s is mounted a tad lower, toward optical
>centre axis of the lens. The difference might be a third millimetre
>(compared to a M6), but it's enough to get stuck inside the 75
>Summilux.
>
>Glad for any feedback,
>Didier

It's a body-to-body problem with the R-D1, s or not. I had one lens
that didn't work on the body I used, the 90AA. My 75 worked fine, as
did my 135/4. Others have had problems with other lenses. The lenses
that use the tab transfer rather than the cam in direct contact with
the body cam follower have the problems occasionally. The body can be
adjusted.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design