Subject: [Leica] photographing the homeless
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Jan 19 13:33:37 2007

Every time I read Kyle's high-horsed Commandment I find myself
profoundly irritated. Such righteousness! Good thing he wasn't making
these around the time of the Great Depression or we'd never have
images reminding us of the plight of THOSE homeless. But I guess
that's okay because it was a different era, right?

Kyle's got it completely backwards and totally wrong. DO take pictures
of the homeless and engage your mind with what it MEANS. If you're an
artist and you really care about the human condition then you damn
well OUGHT to be doing that rather than leaving a vacant hole in the
realm of things one should be photographing.

This isn't a place for intellectual garbage - it's a place for passion
and if you have that passion then USE it.

And the hell with St. Kyle and the credo of political correctness he
so eloquently mouths.

Adam