Subject: [Leica] New 28mm Elmarit M Lens and the vignetting saga
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jan 17 15:16:35 2007

Thanks George. A good opportunity to revisit your gallery as well. Also some
fine portraits of your friend. Like all of the dog
families on the list, I share your sadness there.

Regarding the cron, I hope that some folks might post pics from other
designs too. I'm not convinced that the falloff is unique to
or worse in my favourite lens. The effect seems definitely influenced by the
exposure chosen, contrast range, angle of the light in
the sky and even the angle of holding your tongue when the picture is made.
I went back and found a scene with good exposure, the
same Velvia100F as my others and some bright bottom corners too.
World's most boring photo I know.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/Tas/vignette+test.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/yurv7g>

I've rescanned, not cropped and made no tonal changes to the scan, just down
sized to a jpg suitable for posting. I see nary a sign
of any effect apparent in this one. Yet other frames where the image has
been underexposed for very saturated slides it is quite
prominent.

Cheers
Hoppy