Subject: [Leica] New 28mm Elmarit M Lens
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Tue Jan 16 14:50:46 2007

Jim Christie wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with the new 28mm Elmarit M lens? I'm thinking
> about getting one, but hesitate given the vignetting I have seen on some of
> the recent 28mm Summicron examples. I would use it mostly on the new M8 I
> expect to get this week or next.
>
> Jim

Hi,
I don't have the newest elmarit. I have the one before and that is
already more lens than I'll ever need. I guess the asph is even better.
Vignetting has never bothered me. On the m8 it will be less and can
easily be taken care of in PS if nescecaary.
Erwin Puts has done a test
http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/elmarit28asph/elmarit.html
If you want a distortion free and flare resistance lens this is the one.
If you want wide open performance the version before or the summicron is
better.

--
Best regards,

Michiel Fokkema