Subject: [Leica] IMG hardware software
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Jan 14 19:11:28 2007

I'm glad you captured it, Steve.

I'm bothered by the almost Luddite tendency of Western society.
There's a lack of understanding of science - perpetuated by the media
who confuse science and engineering so badly that you'd never know
they were different disciplines.

I understand there are reasons why this is the case - enough horror
stories for a dozen planets - but, at least in America, few kids seem
to engage with the sciences now. And our journalists also seem
incapable of getting the basics of science or technology stories
right. Oh a few of the science reporters from the big papers - but on
the local level it's downright scary.

Medicine seems a prime target for this neo-Luddite point of view. The
idea that technology might help physicians and nurses be better
care-givers somehow gets chomped by the role of the bean-counters.

Ah well, I'll stop frothing at the mouth here and I'll just appreciate
your images as well as your dedication to helping and curing these
young people.

Adam