Subject: [Leica] Re: Mac vs. PC - again!
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat Jan 13 21:15:22 2007

At 12:00 AM 1/14/2007, Adam Bridge wrote:
 >I take your point, Mark, and I never have ANYTHING pllugged into my
 >ears all day long.
 >
 >I find the iPhone attractive because I want internet connectivity and
 >access to information. When I'm driving I want to be able to phone
 >ahead and get a place to stay, find out about traffic, etc. I don't do
 >this WHILE I'm driving, but while my wife is. Or she does it while I
 >do - or we would if we could.
 >
 >The iPhone looks like a big win in this regard.

Why not just use a cell phone?  I admit that I
keep my cell in the charger in a spare bathroom
and check it every three or four days for
messages, but then I hate the telephone.  When
travelling, why not just use a conventional cell
phone to call ahead for your reservations?  Or,
for that matter, why not make the reservations before leaving home?

An iPhone simply seems silly to me, but then so
does an M8.  I am firmly stuck in the past and
feel that the worst mistake of civilization was
not to smother Alexander Graham Bell when he
invented the telephone, a damned silly device at its best.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Re: Mac vs. PC - again!)