Subject: [Leica] Chromogenic Films.....
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Fri Jan 12 16:22:42 2007

(1) practical difference? I don't think Ilford handles high contrast scenes
very well (blown highlights). The Kodak film has nicer grays. The zone
system choice would be Kodak. But I think he should try one roll of each and
see what fits his style the best (I avoid bright sunlight like a vampire).
(2) print appearance? Depends on who is on the machine. The nice people at
Sam's Club used to fiddle with the dials to make it purely monochrome. The
less nice people at Wolf gave me something very badly tinted and unviewable.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com
http://400tx.blogspot.com/