Subject: [Leica] 197 pix on the wall
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Jan 10 20:52:15 2007

On 1/10/07 8:50 PM, "Don Dory" <don.dory@gmail.com> typed:

> Mark,
> You will love Savannah.  The squares as laid out by Ogelthorpe are
> magnificent.  Fort Polaski is an interesting place to visit with marsh all
> around.  Tybee island is a commercial enterprise to be avoided at all
> costs.  Take a trip north instead to the land between Savannah and
> Charlestown.  In between the golf courses are wonderful mostly undisturbed
> marshes and inlets.  This time of year the biting kind will be somewhat
> rare
> but it has been warm enough that the birds will be about in large numbers.
>
> If you are coming into Hartsfield in Atlanta for any length of time let me
> know and I will buy you a drink.
>
> Don
> don.dory@gmail.com

Thanks Don I'm hoping the word "Marsh" is not a nicer way of saying
"Quicksand".
And are there Egrets in the Inlets?
And isn't a Savannah a Marsh or high grass or quicksand or something?
It looks great from the satellite shots.
I'm having fun but staying on the little blacktop sidewalks when I walk in
the "country". Or wear snowshoes.

I may go to Miami but probably not I'll be loving the savanna in Savannah
and not wanting to leave.
So I'm just making a round trip train rez tomorrow.

The train the train!

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W

http://rabinergroup.com/

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] 197 pix on the wall)