Subject: [Leica] Loss of a first rate camera store
From: jim.christie at sbcglobal.net (Jim Christie)
Date: Wed Jan 10 18:58:11 2007

For some of you in Nothern California I think this news will be sad. Reeds
Camera store in Walnut Creek, California has gone out of business. For me,
it is a very sad state of affairs. I have known and done business with the
Reeds family for many, many years. They were in business for over 50 years
and always dealt with their customers in a fair and honest manner. I
purchased all of my Leica equipment from them. Unfortunately, there was too
much competition from big box stores, the internet and other factors that
caused their demise. I always enjoyed going in and chatting with them and
looking at all the new things coming out and they always looked after best
interest. They also were good about holding seminars and field trips and
contests. Well, thats all gone.

  They also had me first on their list for getting the M8. However, through
their Leica rep Tom Brichta, it has been arranged that I will get my M8
through Camera West in Monterey. It feels strange for me to start dealing
with someone new; however, Tom assures me that Sean is a great guy to deal
with.

  Well so much for 2006 and here comes a new experience for me in 2007.

  Jim Christie

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Loss of a first rate camera store)
Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr) ([Leica] Loss of a first rate camera store)
Reply from bonvini at optonline.net (Jay Ignaszewski) ([Leica] Loss of a first rate camera store)