Subject: [Leica] 197 pix on the wall
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Jan 10 15:29:49 2007

On 1/10/07 5:14 PM, "Jim Hemenway" <Jim@hemenway.com> typed:

> Mark:
>
> I've been waiting to see this series since you got stuck on the Oregon
> coast during your "shakeout cruise".
>
> "A 197 pix on the wall, on the wall... A 197 pix on the wall... Well you
> take one down and you pass it all around, but there's still 197 pix on
> the wall."
>
> There's a lot of interesting "stream of consciousness" shots there. I've
> gone through them once and will look again when I have more time.
>
> Location captions would be nice... or some poems!
>
> Jim

There's a feature where you can have it be your title instead of the file
name.
But then I think maybe people read it and click.
Been there read that
My blurb being as big a "thing" as the Pic.
And then each pic has a title in effect:
Pic with title.

Plus it would take me about 3 hours to do it.
Might do it tonight.

Or in this layout I think the title would be:
Title with Pic.

And I've been told by experts a few years ago that I am much better with
words than pictures and I should just stick to words. In the world of
pictures - I'm an idiot.
At least they didn't cheat and peak at the title page.
The one with my name and occupation.

There's something about the moment in time the pic was clicked being the
title:
EW060512_132752.jpg for instance
May 12 2006 1:27 pm and 52 seconds.
Now if it only had some GPS digits in there ... It would complete the
picture. Or at least the description.
How many letters are you allowed to have in a title?
For proper Unix and Windex and Mac use?
And Linux.
And Peanuts.

Lots of picture opportunities the road I did with my Olympus DS-2.
I uploaded those files into my laptop in the motels at night with the files
from my Nikon D-200.
DS-2 D-200 what's the difference I'd think as I'd watch the same episode of
Deadwood for the 5th time.
There certainly seemed to be no sense in clicking it with the Nikon if I
blurbed it with the Olympus.
Both were clean digital files!

"Swan sitting on Totem Pole better find a motel!"
"Duck crossing road with sun setting on street"
"Kid on lawn with yellow light better find a park for Elmo!"

The DS-2 was AutoFocus.
You didn't have to pull over.
And they were easier to fix as to where they were. The context.

I hear there is a way to talk into the Nikon.
Really
Have recorded words be part of the picture.
Anybody know anything about that?
If that's possible I'm going to do sound with pix.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W