Subject: [Leica] Oh! For some M8s....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jan 5 18:16:00 2007

On 1/5/07 8:08 PM, "grduprey@mchsi.com" <grduprey@mchsi.com> typed:

> Alastair,
>
> This is normal for all digital cameras, except for the RD-1, and most
> everyone
> complained it did not auto cock the shutter.  Granted they could have used
> quieter cocking motor on the M8, but it is not that noisy in my opinion,
> it is
> certainly far quieter than my R8 motor winder and the motor drive on my F3.
>
> Gene

To me the noise is not loud. Its just protractedly long. There are after
shocks. Always on more last word. Stuff goes on later like on a Hassy motor
driven ELM. Its not the shutter. Its other stuff later.
But much quieter.

The two I've come in contact with one I shot quite a few shots with the
noise was never noticed.

Quieter than the camera i've been using most the time now a Leica IIIF.
With silk shutter.

And like the M8 and ELM various after noises which come later. Part of the
actual shutter firing or not.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N