Subject: [Leica] M8 fun cut short
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Mon Jan 1 13:17:39 2007

I had an electronic shutter lock up on a trip around Europe one year.
Had to pack the camera away in its box. It convinced me that I could
not travel with only one body, so even last year in Antarctica, I
carried a spare 'blad body. The risk with the digital fantastics is
that being so expensive, you are tempted to have just one: after all,
you don't need b/w and colour film or fast and slow film, it all
comes in one package and that is why you can afford the camera in the
first place BUT if it fails.

Sorry to hear of your fate: it could be an easy "re-set" as the
shutter was on my X700 Minolta all those years ago

cheers