Subject: [Leica] So I finally cleaned my closet -
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat Dec 30 06:32:56 2006

On Dec 29, 2006, at 7:27 PM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> And lo and behold, along with all the Nikon and Leica boxes I knew
> I needed
> to get rid of, I found more than a dozen prints of photos I took in
> Somalia
> and had printed in Nairobi. All shot  either Kodak or Fuji 400 and
> 800 color
> neg - scanned on an Epson flatbed -
>
> www.bdcolenphoto.com - go to Photojournalism - Somalia 1993

BD,

so I face the problem of what to say to wonderful, wrenching, and
immensely powerful images....

Sadly, I think,  these apply to much of mankind, not just Somalia
1993, but elsewhere and now...a reality that we don't want to, or
just can not acknowledge...

I daily face dying children, but I can't let go of these sadly
splendid images...

I won't forget #5 my friend,

Steve