Subject: [Leica] Re:IMG Rain Jump by Italo Camerino
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Dec 26 13:18:28 2006

At 01:07 PM 12/26/2006, Ted Grant wrote:

>>Check out this nice catch by Italo Camerino:
>> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Italocam/30+Rain+Jump++.jpg.html<<<
>
>Well OK this put's HCB to bed! Without question a one shot in a lifetime!
>
>It's like this, "OK Henri don't feel bad, but old buddy you've just had
>yer ass shot off!" ;-) And in Canada no less! :-) Love it!

Hmmm.... Ted, I will have to disagree on this. It's not that I have a
somewhat deified view of HCB (I do :-) ), and I do agree that in terms of
sheer expression, this one is by far better, BUT... the genius of HCB is
not just the peak action, but everything comes together in the lines, the
forms, the composition, the jumping ballerina poster...

No disrespect to Italo of course. This is a great shot. I would be so lucky
to get anything remotely as powerful in a lifetime.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Re:IMG Rain Jump by Italo Camerino)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Re:IMG Rain Jump by Italo Camerino)