Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Comparison
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Dec 20 07:54:56 2006

I believe the Summilux shot has the focus a bit behind the candles (on the
right arm of the boy) than the Canon shot. Not a big issue as the 75 is a
beast to focus accurately close up and wide open. But it looks like the
Leica sensor has more problems with the highlights, something which I find
much more intrigueing as an occasionally missed focus. Underxposed like you
did it should prevent blown highlights - or am I wrong?

The magenta cast is the smallest problem, I guess changing the WB/color
temperature will do it. Personally, I mostly don't trust the auto-WB neither
of cameras nor of RAW converters, and adjust it manually picture by picture.

Didier