Subject: [Leica] Re: Is the M8 the Edsel of cameras?
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Tue Dec 19 16:53:36 2006

Marc James Small wrote:

> You folks are such car nuts, and I am impressed!  In 1992, I sold a
> IIIc K and invested the funds in a 1984 Audi 4000S.  This is still my
> daily driver, with 250K (250,000 miles = 400,000km) on the clock, and
> good for at least another 100,000 miles (160,000km).  Some cars were
> meant to be driven, and such is my Clytemnestra.  My wife is horrified
> that I don't want to buy something newer, but why?  If I got another
> car, it would be something like a '58 VW van.
>
> As is the case with the M8:  sometimes, holding on to what works for
> you is the best thing to do.
>
> Now, if I won the Lottery this evening, I probably would invest some
> of my winnings, in that '58 VW van.
>
> I'm just strolling down that Yellow Brick Road of life.
>
> Marc
>

> msmall@aya.yale.edu
> Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

LUGers

Have any of you ever heard the term "inverse snob"?

And how can any of you call a Leica an "investment"?  ( Unless you
bought  a Leica GG 250
with a Thambar, new in 1938)

Leicas are fun cameras or earning tools (or both).

Jerry

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: Is the M8 the Edsel of cameras?)
Message from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Re: Is the M8 the Edsel of cameras?)
Message from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Re: Is the M8 the Edsel of cameras?)