Subject: [Leica] NW weather
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Dec 16 13:51:01 2006

Jerry Lehrer offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] NW weather
>>> Why didn't you use bottled water instead?  Friends of mine in your area
> are without electricity, but they were well stocked
> with bottled water (many 5 gallon jugs).  They certainly don't need the
> tap hydro to water the lawn!<<<

Jerry either I'm miss reading your "hydro" reference to drinking water when
in my case "hydro" is in reference to the electrical company "BC HYDRO" that
produces the electricity to British Columbia and maintains the system.

We have lots of liquid for sure a nice choice between, tap water, bottled
water, beer, Vodka, Rum, Champagne, enumerable bottles of varying types of
single malt scotch, several kinds of liqueur. Not to forget wine we bottle
ourselves! ;-) Soft drinks for a half dozen tastes! :-)

These of course are merely on hand in the event members of the LUG should
visit. ;-)

So no shortage of survival liquids although the lawn would certainly go
thirsty before it got any of the above. ;-)

Besides the water out of the heavens this past couple of months has been
absolutely record breaking. In one storm I drove through coming home the
rain water coming down must have been like driving through Niagara Falls!
Amazing level of water. I've been through some heavy duty monsoon rains in
the past in Malaysia and they were dew drops compared to this particular
water amount.:-(

So the grass wont go dry for many moons yet.

ted

Replies: Reply from rdandcb at home.netspeed.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] NW weather)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] NW weather)
Message from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] NW weather)