Subject: [Leica] PAW 48 and 49 posted
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Dec 14 15:32:54 2006

Ric Carter offered:
>>> The cane crew was taken less than 100 feet from the hot dog lady a
> couple of weeks ago. I'm starting to feel like a member of the
> neighbourhood. It's getting less like shooting strangers now.<<<

Ric this is beginning to sound like it's about time you drop off a print or
two for some of the folks, that is unless you already have? But obviously
you are feeling more comfortable around there and I'd bet those whom you've
photographed have similar feeling when they see you and camera coming along.

This giving some prints to the regulars is worth a million dollars in
communication and co-operation in many ways over time. Some day they maybe a
"friend" just when you need a friend. Certainly if some disgrunt becomes
mouthy about you and camera, a stranger so to speak.

That's when the good folk who know you as a regular guy and a local will
speak up and save you time trying to explain yer really an all round nice
guy photographer meaning no harm. :-)

The prints don't have to go to everyone or you'll go broke, but you know the
folks who'd appreciate them so that's where you start.

heck I'm probably telling you something you already know an may have done.

ted.

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4