Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ixil Children
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Dec 14 15:15:33 2006

Tina Manley showed:

> I'm finally getting around to processing some more of my photos from
> September's trip to Guatemala.  This is an Ixil girl carrying her brother
> on her back as they wait to be seen by doctors at the clinic in the
> Cuchumatanes Mountains.
> http://www.pbase.com/image/71626976<<<

Hi Tina,
Beautiful! There isn't much one could do to make it anymore perfect than it
is.

It's your ability to "see" not only the subject, but the light while
blending both so wonderfully in creating heart warming photographs.

Some seeing aspects can be learned by anyone, as in paint by numbers.  But
the photography we enjoy of yours comes from within, the heart, the soul,
gut, whatever it's called. But it's a gift given to some folks, but not all.
The cut of life so to speak. There isn't any question you have the gift.

Similarly, your seeing & understanding how to use available light is truly
amazing time after time in so many situations. It's your ability in
combining both, light & subject, in such away you create beautiful
photographs, a gift for everyone to enjoy time after time.

Good on you girl. Thank you.
ted

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Ixil Children)
Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] IMG: Ixil Children)