Subject: [Leica] Tina
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Thu Dec 14 12:49:08 2006

Tina

That's close to downtown Charleston the morning after Hugo. This
particular image ran  a year later in a Life Mag follow up. It's the
road which curves south after the bridge and runs to the Battery.  Going
through my old files reminded me how lucky the historic section was.
Most of the really severe damage was a bit north and well into the
northwest. I had to drive almost to Columbia the day after to ship film
out...(could have used digital then)  The destruction on I 26 was
something else Most blamed it on tornadoes forming from the storm rather
than the winds themselves. Had I ever considered becoming a churchgoer
that would have been the time. :-)

Walt