Subject: [Leica] A newbie here..
From: alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex)
Date: Wed Dec 13 12:26:54 2006

Yes Ted, I realize this is not the rule of the game, wonderful sporting
pitures were made 30 and 40 years ago with simplest equipment. What I
meant was just how a shallow, non-based "pros" can take the issue. I
happened to be one of our local photo clubs, there are several so-called
"pros" (who indeed shoot for some local papers including sport) equipped
with latest digital SLR gear and rely on their equipment capabilities.
Surely, they just don't bother to develop a proper technique, discipline
and deep understanding of the action they shoot, but just press the
button in anticipation of whatever is going to happen and don't count
how many frame the shot in single stroke. Then, of course, out of
hundreds ot thousands they fetch out few really good pictures that may
go to the paper.
Surely, I don't take their attitude to the work and strive to learn
ahead the basics and "theory" of whatever event I going to shoot. In
gymanstics I had enough time to arrive to their training and
preparations to get the feeling of the movements and so...was allowed to
get to the gym few days before the event to check the place, lighting,
etc...still there is room for improvement though...

As about my current situation being converted (soon) to RF (and Leica in
particular) - xmm, there might be a good case..;-) - I'm training in
Martial Arts (a kind of karate mixed with boxing and Mue Thai), so
thought perhaps it will be an excellent opportunity to have the
permittion to get to the pitch area just next to the ring and shoot
there with Leica (and probably 50mm or in teh future - 28mm) lens...I
just like those facial expressions in teh peak of boxing stress....here
I think Leica would be more appropriate with some nice fast lens then
the huge, super-automated SLR machine...

Best regards, Alex