Subject: [Leica] A newbie here..
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Wed Dec 13 05:22:46 2006

Alex wrote:

> In fact, first of all I intend to keep things simple just limiting
> myself to 50mm standard lens and trying myself for all kinds of photo I
> do usually for a time being....untill will feel my RF skills are
> adequate enough and will feel a limitation of single focal length. In
> the whole I intend to round my lens line-up by three focal lenghs: 28mm,
> 50mm and 85-90mm which will cover nearly entire range I used to.

Yeaah you will be ready for an bag full of goodies:-) Nice thing of
Leica M is that you can get two bodies and 5 to 6 lenses in a Domke
F-803 satchel.
More
> lenses will only bring a complication of choices (however, who
> knows...Leica may indeed be too addictive...).

I agree, I tend to use less and less lenses. A Rolleiflex is more or
less the only thing I really need now. And if I have more lenses I
normally stick one up like it feels that day and keep it there.
> I used to utilize my web site galleries for presenting my photo work,
> however will be happy to show up in LUG user galleries as well.
Your own website will do perfectly.

> Tina, as about politics - I prefer to leave that kind of discussions to
> a less involved public, there is too much of such happening in my part
> of the world...would prefer to stay clear (and clean - politics is
> sometimes a nasty, dirt thing, you know...).
I always say: 'One good picture says more than a 1000 politicians'

Best regards,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from hankpix at yahoo.com (Hank Kellner) ([Leica] A newbie here..)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] A newbie here..)
Message from alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex) ([Leica] A newbie here..)