Subject: [Leica] K10d shake reduction
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Tue Dec 12 18:29:30 2006

Your having come from the journalism industry, I usually understand exactly
what you are saying. Have to admit that I'm baffled here. I would think that
wide angle lenses would need relatively little shake reduction UNLESS the
distortion of the wide angle somehow confuses the cameras SR system. For me,
the achilles heel of shake reduction is that it does *dick* for subjects
that are moving (as your pic here shows). So it is no better in low light
than a tripod-bound camera. If the subject moves at 1/30, you will have a
sharp background and a fuzzy person.

Now, if Pentax would combine SR with a sensor like Fuji's, that would be
nice.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com