Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital Leica back
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Fri Dec 8 17:12:05 2006

Amen

Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
Lottermoser George
Enviado el: s?bado, 09 de diciembre de 2006 0:39
Para: Leica Users Group
Asunto: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital Leica back

And I give a hearty second to this belief.

And if we continue to support their serious efforts I have to believe that
that they will continue to play and bring us more and better
mechano/optical/electronic instruments.

Further, if another company sees a demand for precision rangefinder digital
cameras the competition may even drive the bus to greater heights.

This list was birthed for love of the finest rangefinder cameras ever made.
Nikon had fine ones and dropped the ball. Canon had fine ones and dropped
the ball. Leica kept building them. We all (most of us) know the very real
difference between RF and SLR. We know when to pick up which and why. We
also know the difference between film digital and when to pickup which and
why.

The days when pj's carried Ms for wide and SLRs for long may very well
return due to the M8.

Long live digital capture competing with film for speed and resolution.
Long live Kodachrome.
Long live Leica optics.
Long live M's and including M8s.
Long live Alpa, Polaroid, Blad, Rollei Zeiss, and all the wonderful choices
our world of photography has presented us with.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com