Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital Leica back
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Dec 8 15:13:55 2006

Well that 39Mp sensor ain't cheap by any stretch of the imagination.
It's a huge sensor and the number of good ones they get per batch is
probably pretty small. It's not in the $200 or even $2000 category is
my guess. But I think you're right - that limited market and
development amortization make it an expensive back. Even if 5% of the
total Leicas currently being USED (as opposed to in a collection where
they never get out of the original sealed box) the market is really
small.

(Question for the group: how many Leica M cameras have been produced?)

Adam