Subject: [Leica] Those poor clay pigeons never had a chance
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Dec 4 14:36:30 2006

Kyle Cassidy showed:

>http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2006/kablam/
 >16 superb photos I took this weekend with my Leica.<<<

Hi Kyle,
I particularly like the shell casings popping out of the chamber.

Sometime it's pure luck. But if you get the feel of the shooter and trip the
shutter one frame at a time in sync with their rhythm it's quite easy to get
every shot.

At the Olympics the photo crew I worked with had a challenge to see who
could get 5 rounds out of 5 in rapid firing pistol shooting. WITHOUT motor
drives! :-)  Besides a motor drive wont stay in sync and you miss more
casings than the motor is worth.

It takes a few times before getting all 5 casings, but then there's always
enough shooters each day for lots of subjects to work with.

I used the 280mm 2.8 with shoulder stock and a micro switch in the pistol
grip so all I did was follow the rhythm of the shooter and tripped my
shutter almost before he or she did.

You've got a good series here.

ted