Subject: [Leica] November contest winners
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Dec 2 07:56:36 2006

> Brian Reid wrote:
>
>> Montie, if  you win first place again soon, I'm going to have to ask you
>> to take a break to let others have a chance......<<<<

Brian mon ami,
Sorry that's wrong psychology because you never ask the best shooters not to
submit simply because it kills the incentive for others to kick his or her
ass and out perform them. Human kind can work in two ways.....

1: you'll have the wimps who'll throw up their cameras and give the big
whine.... "Oh why try Joe Murphy or whomever always wins! I never have a
chance! Whine whine bitch bitch!" That quite frankly is plain old fashion
bull shit because these kind of people wouldn't bend over to pick-up a buck
lying on the street because they'd have to bend over. They'd stand there
waiting for someone to bend and give it to them.  No time for these so
called photographers at all!  Whining wieners!

Quite rankly to hell with them because they're not worth the time of day
simply because they have an absolute "I'll never win attitude about their
photography and life in general." So once again screw them.

2: HOWEVER!!!! Then we have those with killer instinct to win! Who learn
from Joe Murphy and his excellent photography and that creates the best
challenge of all.... Their re-action?  "Damn I'm going to kick his ass as
he's not going to win every month because I'm going to blow him out of the
water!!!!" It's great motivation to do better!

Now that's my kind of people who take the challenge,  work harder at their
photography get out and kick ass to win ! How else do we learn to be better?
You gotta have the "killer instinct" of competition and that's what life is
all about when it comes to winning. And if one doesn't try then they have
absolutely no right to comment good, bad or ugly about the system nor
results!

And that's how we win and become better photographers. So stay the course
even if the same photographer wins month after month! Don't forget the
judges are not always the same therefore their likes and dis-likes differ
each month so it isn't fair to ask the photographer to step down if he or
she wins all the time. The judges are different in the decision making.

Some of these people need to realize no matter how good the picture
is............. judges can have an off day and not pick the right one! Been
there, seen it done many times of the years. It comes down to, " get a life,
get over it" and if you don't agree with the judges, then volunteer to be a
judge yerself!!"

Trust me it's not an easy task! "Whiners need not apply!"

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4