Subject: [Leica] Re:White Stripes and waiting by the doorbell
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Nov 29 14:01:43 2006

Absolutely, Steve. I was reminded of that watching the Scorcese documentary,
No Direction Home. Dylan's voice was 'unusual,' especially coming on the
heels of Sinatra, Crosby, Patti Page, etc., and the Doo Wop era - but as you
note, it was always where it was supposed to be.

Dylan was indeed unique as a lyricist/poet, but in terms of the music, it
wasn't just Dylan - Dylan, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Brian Wilson
(the Beach Boys,) the Band, Paul Simon, the Who, Jimmy Hendrix, Cream, and
on and on.