Subject: [Leica] IMG: Opera and Singers
From: hellman at comcast.net (Jesse Hellman)
Date: Mon Nov 27 20:03:03 2006

I've added two new albums, Verdi's Falstaff and Berstein's Candide.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Jesse+Hellman/>

I tried to do pictures of the stage productions at the Peabody
Conservatory that worked artistically, rather than just as
reproductions of what the director set up. This seems to have been
easier in the smaller productions, where I could get closer.
Sometimes it seemed impossible. Close ups almost always worked better
than pictures from a distance, which never seemed to capture the
feeling of the work. On the big stage the 135 F/2.8 was at times just
too short.

Using a Leica for these pictures allowed me to get pictures without
bothering anyone, even in a full theater, and even just feet from the
singers.

Thanks for any feedback.

Jesse

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] IMG: Opera and Singers)