Subject: [Leica] Slides rool! Check this cool mounting thingy.
From: rdandcb at home.netspeed.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Mon Nov 27 00:05:41 2006

Hi Tina.  I had you in mind when thinking about who might have one of
these or an even bigger better one.  I've been using scissors and
fingernails so far - working at a pace that could only be described
as 'part time artisan like', which has translated into falling way
behind.  And so the kids don't get to see the slides that have been
shot - a pity.

One little problem I've thought of while waiting for delivery - how
does one clean the underside of the top mount before pressing them
together?  hmmm.  I might get into the habit of lifting it up to
vacuum away any dust before pressing.

I saw that some Gepe mounts come in 10,000 packs.  I'm working up the
gumption to order 1000.  Still, I did the maths last night and film,
processing and costly little Gepe mounts will come to about a fifth
of an M8 per annum.  Some would say that my shutter button must be
stuck!

I will report back on how this gadget works out, though I imagine
there is an ever dwindling level of interest these days.  It's a
great time to be buying film photography gear.

Regards, Rick.