Subject: [Leica] LHSA incompetence
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Wed Nov 22 15:13:43 2006

I've been a member for two years.

I have been to a couple of their events included the national meeting in
Wetzlar and the spring shoot in New Orleans.

To be honest, I'm not sure about renewing my membership.

Madge is a sweet person and I've enjoyed meeting some of the members,
particularly while in Germany, but LHSA doesn't really offer me much.

The organization is aging, and while I'm not exactly a spring chicken, I
usually feel out of place at the gatherings. With the exception of the
amazing photograph presentation at the Wetzlar meeting by Richard Kalvar of
Magnum Photos (who I understand to have been a last minute substitute), the
focus of other events missed me.

Unless LHSA can come up with a way to attract more (and younger) members, I
fear that is it slowly dying on the vine.

Dave.

--
My Photography: http://www.david-keenan.com
My Blog: http://www.david-keenan.com/euroblog