Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 issues and a question (WAS: Sonny's M5)
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Nov 19 14:38:00 2006

I assume the camera
> has a "sleep mode" it goes into when the controls have not been used for
> x minutes. Every digital camera I have ever handled has this feature.
> The camera than presumably "wakes up" when the shutter is lightly
> pressed. How long does it take the M8 to be ready when it wakes up in
> this manner?

I forgot to say: yes, sleep mode activates at a time of your choosing I
have it set for 2 minutes, as touching the shutter means its ready to
shoot BEFORE I have it up to my eye. Try it out some time in the shop. I
think it is really fast enough

Cheers

Alastair

Message from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] Sonny's M5)