Subject: [Leica] Re: "I think it's going to be all right" - transposedto Canon, Nikon, etc. etc.
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun Nov 19 12:27:14 2006

i raise a rueful hand.  B+W and especially slim Heliopan
UVs on all lenses, including noctilux, 75 lux, 35 luxen, et al.
at one point, i did the "fred picker" test whereby in his
exhortations to eschew filters, he advised us to run tests
with both on and off.  i personally could see no differences
in the negatitves, so i've been filtered ever since.

what might horrify some is my penchant for double-stacking
helio NDs and #25 or #11 color filters to facilitate exposures
under 1/1000 at F1.0.

-rei