Subject: [Leica] M8: "I think it's gonna be all right"
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Nov 17 14:44:07 2006

Philippe we all agree. I don't think that Leica had any choice but to
produce what the market apparently demanded. I hope they
succeed or we may not have a Leica company at all.
I don't think that the M8 will retain its value and longevity like a film M.
What we've seen is extremely impressive and I'm sure it
can produce work every bit as good or better and have advantages over a film
camera. Just because it is part of the whole digital
product cycle, it's in a different product universe to say, an M3 or an M6.
Meanwhile, I'm still slowly working to get the best glass I can. All of it
will be good on the M8 or 8.2 or whatever.
Cheers
Hoppy