Subject: [Leica] Vision correction
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Thu Nov 16 19:48:29 2006
References: <7.0.1.0.2.20061115152125.0256f670@infoave.net> <26169B14-55FF-4874-BE58-C867CAD89E9B@ncable.net.au> <5E5D4CCC-A40B-40F6-B545-B3F5BA05C5FF@comcast.net> <29CF0EE7-6BD7-4A07-9381-FAD476E3AC12@ncable.net.au> <A872C1C6-2981-4EEE-92C5-720D34BC20F6@ciudad.com.ar> <768933FC-4926-4BFC-8437-A1473BA07404@mindspring.com> <9D4EC4E3-EC52-4720-A6AC-FA25DA49B211@mac.com> <4E728770-BA0B-43AA-A31F-6C4D2E963FE7@mindspring.com>

Ric,

With monovision correction, the brain doesn't blend the vision from
both eyes to create intermediate vision.  Certainly brighter light
helps to clear things up by constricting your pupil reducing coma (an
optical aberration) and increasing the depth of field of your eye's
optical system.  If you tell your doctor where your near focus needs
are located, he (she) can prescribe the best prescription lens to
center the focus of the near vision eye to that distance.  About a
third of your brain (the back part - occipital cortex) is dedicated
to processing your visual input.  It's a wonderful processor with a
tremendous capability to adapt to new input.  It can take a few
weeks  before you'll feel visually comfortable after a prescription
change is made in either eye.

Richard