Subject: [Leica] On camera gamuts and the M8
From: davison_m at msn.com (MARK DAVISON)
Date: Wed Nov 15 20:06:52 2006

Brian,

The additivity with respect to wavelength is absolutely a fundamental part
of the standard models used in color science, both for modelling digital
cameras and the color matching behavior of the human visual system. I'm not
a physicist, so I can't verify if the model is reasonable.

Physical studies of neural response of verterbrate vision systems are more
complicated, but I've just started to read about that.

Mark